Hi guys! It's Aayushi from Styledrive filling in for Anushka while she's going through a bit of a rough patch. Since she asked me to pick a trend to post on, I thought i'd go with colour blocking.
I’m sure you’ve heard this term a million times over the past couple of months and seen pictures of it on every blog and magazine. Here’s my take on the trend and I’m leaving you with a few tips that I keep in my mind while creating outfits. I hope they help you!
(1) Mix colours that compliment each other. For example, orange and cobalt look great together, but don't add a red belt. Opt instead for yellow. The bright pop of colour will help you look more interesting and put together.
(2) Don't go overboard with the colours. Pick 2 or 3 and play around with them.
(3) Mixing and matching colouful prints is tricky. If you're unsure, stick with pieces in solid colours.
(4) Give your look a twist by wearing different shades of the same colour.
(5) Lastly, I think there are 7 colours that look great together - yellow, orange, green, blue, red, violet and pink. Play with different shades of these and pair them together for colour block perfection.
I hope my tips helped! Feel free to send in pictures of your outfits and visit my blog, 'Styledrive'! Have a great week!
Great guest post honey! Loving those shoes!
I'm hosting a linkup this Friday, called "Fashion Fridays." I'd love you to be a part of it! Get your fashion post ready and come by to link up! Have a great night! Kori xoxo
Thanks for the tips! Love the dress!
haha wont say it...love the outfit, you did it well
This is a very chic look! I absolutely love to color block, I usually pair primary colors such as red & blue, yellow & blue and I did orange with yellow once. But anyway, great post!
Aayushi! Loved your take on it ... You are such a stunner. Agree with all your tips too!!
♡ from © tanvii.com
Aayushi is so pretty! Plus, she has a great sense of style as well! :)
Love how she created "Color Blocking" amazing!!
I'm loving your take on this trend!
I love that you give tips alongside the outfit. What a great idea! I love that bag, too.
OMG!! I have the exact same purse from Esprit and I carry it practically everywhere! LOVE! :)
Post a Comment