PNC Debit Card Activation – If you have recently received your PNC Debit Card then you will have to activate it. If you do not know how to do it then you should read this article to learn how to do it. We will give you all the information that you need to activate this card and tell you different methods by which you can do it.
Though there are some requirements that you need to fulfil and you also have to follow some steps if you want to activate your PNC Debit Card. If you are having any sort of trouble activating your card then do not worry, we will help you sort everything out.
PNC Debit Card Activation
If you keep reading this article you will be able to discover new and simple methods to activate your card. We will also let you know about the benefits of this card and also answer some frequently asked questions about the card.
PNC Debit Card Activation
Debit Cards make life so much easier. They save money and they are easier to use. Using the PNC Debit Card is also very easy. You can add cash to it anytime and even withdraw from it whenever you wish to. You can do this from ATMs anywhere.
With this card, the cardholder can send or receive money through the debit card at any point in time. For availing to all these facilities you need to activate your card and this process can be done using three methods.
Activating PNC Debit Card Online
One thing that needs to be kept in mind is that any person who wishes to activate their PNC Debit Card needs to have PNC online banking. This is a compulsory thing that one needs to have if they wish to activate their account. In case you do not have an account, then you should go register for one. Do this step before activating your card.
- The first step to activate your card is to visit the online banking portal for PNC Bank.
- Then you will have to enter your username and your password into the portal, in order to log into your online banking account.
- Then you will have to choose the option that asks you to activate your PNC Debit Card.
- After you choose it, you will be asked to provide your card number, the CVV on your card and also its expiration date. Along with this, you will also have to provide your social security number and other personal details in order to activate your card.
- After that, you will have to follow the instructions that are required in order to activate your card. When you have followed all the steps they give, agree to all the terms and conditions that are offered by the PNC card services.
- After some time, you will receive a text message that will say that your card has been activated. After that, you will be able to access it.
Activating PNC Debit Card through their Phone Number
If you find the process of activating the account through your phone very difficult then you can try using the other method that is through their phone number. Here is how to do it:
- The first step to do this process is to dial their phone number 1-888-762-2265
- After that, you will hear an automated message, listen to that and wait patiently. You will also be asked to choose some options so, do it carefully.
- Then you will be connected to a representative of the company, who will ask you some questions, you have to answer them correctly and clearly.
- You will also need to give the details about your card, this is to activate it. So remember that you tell them correctly.
- After you have provided all the details, you will have to agree to all the terms and conditions of the card.
- After this, your card will be activated.
If you could not complete the process using this method either then you do not have to worry, because there is another way in which you can activate your card that is through an ATM.
Activating PNC Debit Card Through Pnc ATM’s
When you want to do this process through the ATM then you will have to keep your debit card with you as it will be needed.
- You will have to visit the nearest ATM by PNC.
- After that, you will have to swipe your card and choose the language of your preference in the machine.
- After that, you will have to follow the simple instructions and enter your social security number and also your bank account number.
- All you have to do is follow these steps and your card will be activated very soon and you will receive a message that the process of activation was successful.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
My card has expired, what should I do?
You do not have to worry in this case. The expiration date of the card is mentioned on the card itself. When your card is about to expire, the new card will be sent to you a month before itself. If you still have not received your card, then you can call the local branch and inquire about it.
Can I use my card Internationally?
Yes, you can use your card internationally. The bank tells you that before you travel internationally, you should inform them and tell them about it so that they can avail the necessary travel notice on your account.
I see a transaction that was not made by me. How do I dispute it?
You can dispute your card transaction by online banking or by going to the customer service tab. When you open this tab, you will have to select the account, whose transaction you have to dispute. There you will have to confirm some details like your address and other things, then click “Next”. You will have to select the transaction that you want to dispute and then there will be steps that will guide you through the process.
What do I do if I forget my PIN?
All you have to do is go to any of the local branches of the bank and they will help you select a new pin for your card. Another thing that you can do is to call the customer service that is given on the back of your card and they will explain and also sort out this problem for you. Your pin will be replaced after that.
We hope that you did not have any problems while activating the card. It is a very easy process and does not take a lot of time. We will request you and advise you that you should not share your personal information like the account number or the pin number with anyone to prevent fraud. This is for your own benefit. Thank you for reading!